Tuesday 15 September 2009

Life in the Spirit

“Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit”

This is a quote from the Bible I often heard in sermons, and often used when I dealt with people in my capacity a Home cell Leader and Worship Team Leader. Its so often used that it has become a buzzword. But no one really understood what they were talking about. Due to the nature of the dogmatic mindsets, we find that we interpret quotes and other scripture in a way that suits us, mostly through they filters of the Charismatic Church.

What is Life in the Spirit? Someone even wrote a book call “The Language of Spirit”. But there is not really any indication of the practical side of a statement such as this. We like to hear the fluff, and the buzzwords, but never get down to actually discovering the truth about this life and how to learn its language.

I read a book by Greg Braden on the Secret lost mode of Prayer, which opened up a whole new level of understanding to me. Since I prayed for more revelation and greater understanding, I suppose, I began to receive it. I discovered that we here in the realm of space and time communicate by sound which travels through air. That is why we hear. But Spirit resides in a realm beyond Space and time, where there are no words, no speech or sentences. Speaking in tongues does not work. God is also clear in the Bible about this. Prophets got their messages often in Visions and Dreams. An image or a picture is impressed upon the Mind of the person. He then conveys that image or person to others in the Space-Time realm with words and speech. In order to speak back to Spirit, we need to learn the art of visualisation, and working with our feelings.

The Bible does say that Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. I did something many years ago. I set up a Midi home recording studio with some musical instruments. I wanted some more pieces of equipment, and I used to read magazines describing what new keyboards were out. I decided on what I wanted, then cut out the pictures and the names of those instruments, and stick the pictures up on my wall. Within 2 years I found I had all those instruments. They found their way into my studio. Jacob in the Bible did a similar thing while working for Laban. Laban said Jacob could have all the spotted and streaked livestock as payment. Jacob then placed the bark of trees in the drinking troughs, where the livestock then looked at the streaks while drinking water. They then had more offspring that were spotted and streaked! It impressed an image on the minds of the livestock, and Jacob increased in wealth!

Looking at those pictures regularly, impressed an image on my mind, I believed by feeling the feeling of actually working with them and having them. And so I obtained them. And so I began learning the language of Spirit. Visualise and generate the appropriate feeling. Back then there was no “The Secret” or the “Law of Attraction”. I did what I felt was the right thing to do. Looking back at this I realise now the importance of learning this language, interpreting its symbols, and converting images as I receive them from Spirit into words and messages which I can understand. It is still an ongoing process.


I look at some of the recurring dreams I used to get. One of those dreams would be that I am at a banquet or big dinner. There are lots of lovely dishes and I am to just help myself and dish up. But found that my mouth is stuffed with steel wool. It was blocking my mouth and I had to first unblock it by removing the steel wool. For years I kept getting this dream. I had no idea what it meant until about 2 years ago. It was revealed to me that the food at the banquet was spiritual food. My mouth and throat was being blocked by junk and garbage church teachings of over 20 years. In my dream I took out big lumps and there was always more coming out. I had lots to unlearn and discard in terms of my dogmatic beliefs. The dreams have stopped. Now there is another recurring dream which involves me travelling to a location of a gathering or conference, and getting myself settled in at my sleeping quarters/room and preparing to attend workshops the next day. I am working on it interpreting that.

And so I continued to work with meditations. Meditation is in one sense about becoming quiet in my mind in order to connect with God. One can never hear the voice of God when you live a life that is too busy, too stressed, too hectic. One has to learn to become relaxed, to quiet the babbling of the mind and open up your awareness to the Presence of God. Then in my guided meditation I visualize the Presence of God surrounding me like clouds of small particles of Light Energy. I visualise myself as a being of Light and when I breathe in, I absorb the Light Energy of God, and becoming brighter and brighter. The presence of God as a Light moves within me and I visualise how it flows from my crown through my body down to my feet, and I expand and expand and grow in my meditation until I stand looking at the solar system. The stars surround me. I become a pillar of Divine Light, and feel the warmth and the glow of the Light of God flowing through me. It is a powerful and energising experience.

And so I learned how to practise the Presence of God by doing this meditation. It is done using a language that is used in the Spiritual realm. This is the language of Spirit. And by doing this work in the Spirit, it produces an impact on my life here in the realm of space and time. I am more aware, more balanced and more awake in every sense of the word.

No comments:

Post a Comment